Greetings, Fellow Worldbuilders!
Worldbuilding Magazine is proud to present our 2022 issue: Disasters & Apocalypses. We have a good mix of showcases, fiction, and articles this time around, with a focus on endings and new beginnings. It’s particularly appropriate for us as the magazine restructures and exciting new plans are being made for our future. For now, we’d like to present:
- Four amazing articles on worldbuilding theory and practice.
- Two short stories about endings, big and small.
- An interview with Joe Mallozzi, writer and producer of television shows like Stargate and Dark Matter, in which we learn of the secrets for creating worlds that keep bringing viewers back.
- An art showcase featuring Trevor Roberts’ spectacular Mystery Flesh Pit Park, the natural wonder that you won’t want to miss.
- An interview with Jason Massey of the Dungeons and Randomness podcast showcasing their setting, Theria..
- Reviews and analyses of four books that feature outstanding queer worldbuilding.
- Staff picks for the things that we’re reading and watching, and your questions answered in our Ask Us Anything column!
Remember to check out the Worldcasting Podcast
Season 4 of Worldcasting has just wrapped up. There are fourteen jaw-dropping episodes waiting to blow your mind. Follow us on social media or sign up for the newsletter on this site so you get notified when it’s out. In the meantime, you can catch up on episodes that you missed!
The Future of Worldbuilding Magazine
This will be our only issue of Worldbuilding Magazine for 2022. It’s been a long year, filled with trials and trepidation for the magazine staff. Somehow, thanks to some amazing volunteers, we were able to get this into your hands.
Looking toward the future, we have great things in the works. We’re currently planning on a couple of issues next year, possibly with a print-on-demand option. We’re also exploring additional collaborations and other ways to bring you more worldbuilding content. Keep watching this blog and check us out on Discord for more information.
If you would like to learn more about how you can join the magazine and podcast team send us an email or inquire at our Discord server. We are always looking for artists, text editors (developmental or copy editors), and audio editors. If you don’t fall into any of those skill sets, but still want to help, reach out anyway! We’re a big tent and we’re definitely open to great people.
To all of our staff and contributors, thank you. To everyone reading, we hope that you enjoy this issue.
— The Worldbuilding Magazine Team
Read Disasters and Apocalypses now >>
Apply to be featured in a future World Showcase Interview >>
1 thought on “V6I1: Disasters and Apocalypses”
I have just found this amazing resource, I am looking at starting some world building for some ttrpg campaigns, these magazines are absolutely awesome.