By the community,
for the community.
What is Worldbuilding?
Worldbuilding is the process of constructing an imaginary world, often associated with a novel, film, or other media.
Guidance on Worldbuilding
Our team provides advice and inspiration in every magazine and podcast we create. Read or listen in on a variety of topics to help enrich your world.
Worldbuilding Magazine is proud to present our December 2020 issue: Survival. This time we’re taking an in-depth look at survival techniques, how civilizations thrive in adverse environments, and more. This issue is also filled with seven exciting short stories that play upon this topic, demonstrating how it can be fused in fiction. Additionally, we’ve got the winners from World Anvil’s “Alliance Challenge,” and new interviews:
- New articles and short stories featuring worldbuilding with survival in mind. Plus, the conclusion Emory Glass’ flash fiction series Thirty-Three Tales of War!
- An interview with Brian McClellan, an author known for his work in the flintlock fantasy genre with titles such as Promise of Blood and Sins of Empire.
- An interview with Anna Urbanek, the illustrator and graphic designer at Double Proficiency.
- A community showcase with Reilly Kissane, one of our readers who is creating a fantastical world called Ekunbi.
- Plus, more contest winners from World Anvil, your questions answered in our Ask Us Anything column, and other free-to-download resources!
Issues View All
Podcast view all
Worldcasting is a weekly podcast with a constantly rotating panel of speakers and guests. Together, the they will draw upon their varied backgrounds and experiences to discuss worldbuilding in its many forms, and how to express it in a variety of media.
Worldcasting is available on most podcast platforms!
Join the Worldbuilding Community
Our community is a close-knit group of authors, readers, game developers, gamers, and creative hobbyists. Join us on social media or Discord to discuss worldbuilding with us!
Want to make your own mark? Contact us with some information about what you would like to work on! Join our team of volunteer writers, editors, artists, and more who make Worldbuilding Magazine and the Worldbuilding Podcast possible!