By the community,
for the community.
What is Worldbuilding?
Worldbuilding is the process of constructing an imaginary world, often associated with a novel, film, or other media.
Guidance on Worldbuilding
Our team provides advice and inspiration in every magazine and podcast we create. Read or listen in on a variety of topics to help enrich your world.
Worldbuilding Magazine is proud to present our latest issue: Getting Started Again. We’re revisiting our first topic from 2017 with a new team, casting another light on how to get started when diving into a new project that requires some worldbuilding. Whether you’re creating a game, writing a story, planning a tabletop campaign, or worldbuilding as a hobby—there is something to inspire everyone in this issue:
- Six new articles discussing the craft and application of worldbuilding.
- By popular request we are bringing back the worldbuilder’s checklist! Use it to help structure and guide your worldbulding.
- An interview with Eleanor Ferron and Luis Loza, a pair of developers who work on Pathfinder at Paizo.
- A community showcase with Matthew Brooke, who is creating a unique post-calamaty vision of Ireland and archiving it on YouTube.
- Plus, your questions answered in our Ask Us Anything column!
Issues View All
Podcast view all
Worldcasting is a weekly podcast with a constantly rotating panel of speakers and guests. Together, the they will draw upon their varied backgrounds and experiences to discuss worldbuilding in its many forms, and how to express it in a variety of media.
Worldcasting is available on most podcast platforms!
Join the Worldbuilding Community
Our community is a close-knit group of authors, readers, game developers, gamers, and creative hobbyists. Join us on social media or Discord to discuss worldbuilding with us!
Want to make your own mark? Contact us with some information about what you would like to work on! Join our team of volunteer writers, editors, artists, and more who make Worldbuilding Magazine and the Worldbuilding Podcast possible!